Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, July 13, 2015

Coach Evans - What a Great Example!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week went by so quickly!  Time is one of the strangest things to me.  You can never catch up with it, and at times it can't seem to catch up to you haha!  I just can't believe that it has already been almost a year out here.  I am so grateful for the lessons that I have been blessed to be learning out here serving the Lord.  I hope that I can take every single second this second half to serve Him. 

This last couple weeks we have found some pretty solid investigators who actually have time to meet with us.  It is such a blessing.  Most of the people we had been finding could only meet on the weekends... and it is really hard to progress when we only get to meet once a week.  

It is interesting because we are meeting with 3 pretty cool investigators right now who we all met riding bikes... haha!  It is really interesting!  Most people ride scooters here.  These people are fairly young... but have a desire to follow the Savior.  Two of them have baptismal goals.  I really think that they can hit them! We met with one of them on Saturday. his name is "T......." - pretty cool name huh?  Well the first time we met with him we taught the first and invited him to read and pray.  Then on Saturday we found that he had read and prayed!  We shared the restoration video, and at the end we asked him if he had any questions about Joseph Smith.  In the movie it shows them taking the sacrament.  He asked us what they were eating and why.  We were able to testify of the Savior and the Atonement, and what the meaning of the sacrament is. He is awesome!  

We also had the opportunity to go to interviews with President this week.  That was so great.  I love President so much.  He is such and amazing man.  That was also a great opportunity to see some of the people that I served around in TaiZhong who also came for interviews.  That was really neat.  

This week we were supposed to have  a Taiphoon.... but... it was pretty lame! haha!  It was just windy... I guess it hit harder up in TaiBei!  haha but no worries... there will be plenty left to witness. ;) I hope! hahah

This next week is movecall... If I had to guess i would think that I am staying here in Gangshan because Elder Davis has been here for over 4 months... So it is a really good chance that he will be leaving.  Who knows though!  It has been really great serving with him!  He is a great example.    

I love you all so much!!  Thank you guys for everything you do for me.  I know that this gospel is true.  I know it and I am so grateful for it.  I hope to do a better job of expressing my thanks.  We really are so lucky to have these restored truths to guide and direct our lives.  This is what it is all about.  Living the gospel is a choice... just as happiness is a choice.  Consequently when we live the gospel we find ourselves happier people.  (its funny how that works)  I would like to invite all of you tonight to ask Heavenly Father how you can live the gospel more fully.  I know that he will give you something that you can do.  He loves us, and wants us to be happy.  I love all of you!!  

 I was so sad to hear of Coach Evans passing...  He was an example to me.  He was a friend to me.  I remember everyday going up to practice and seeing him at the field in his wheelchair as happy as could be.  He then would see me and say "there's my guy'' with a big ol smile on his face.  I cannot tell you what that did for me.  That is what life is about.  He used his agency to be happy and to lift others.  His happiness gave me strength and made me want to be happier.  I love him.  I know that he is up there right now with his wife happier than ever.  I cannot wait to see his big ol smile again.  

Love, 

Elder Redding 

No comments:

Post a Comment