Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, August 18, 2014

Learning Taiwan Style!


Dear Family and Friends, 

This week has flown by again! We get another couple districts this week in our zone! So we will no longer be the youngest! It is going great here!! I love this work! So, I will do a better job writing things down during the week so that I can remember more, because all the days start to mix together! I will do that this week!! Every Saturday we have what is called TRC.  In TRC we have 2 20 min lessons with active church members.  Except in our case they all speak Chinese.  A lot of them are RM's, but some are Natives.  It's one of my favorite parts. So we were able to teach and learn with some Natives from Taiwan!! It was a lot harder because usually the TRC people are super nice and help you in English.  haha the Natives hardly spoke English at all!!! They were SOOOO nice, it was just a lot harder because they spoke faster and in a Taiwanese accent.  It was like the best thing for us though! I am so glad we got paired with them because that was so helpful.  The more native speakers I can hear the better!!

On Friday we taught a lesson to L, and it went really well.  He told us that when he reads the Book of Mormon he knows it is true.  The week before we asked him to read 2nd Nephi 9, and he told us that it gave him a lot of comfort because his mom had passed away and that she would be resurrected.  
The language is coming along... slow but steady.  hahaha, just like usual.  Just when I think I can't get more humbled... I do. hahaha!!! It is great though. This week we have 4 lessons planned and two TRC lessons planned!! It should be great!! Things are really ramping up!! I love it!! 
Thank you guys for all your letters.  I love them.  I am glad to hear everything is going well!! I love you all so much!! 

Love, 

Elder Redding
Elder Varvel & Elder Redding after
appointment to doc for Elder Varvel's arm.


No comments:

Post a Comment