Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, October 6, 2014

Another Great Week!

Family and Friends, 

This has been another great week!  We have some great opportunities this week!  I am very excited for it.  Also this week we have Zone Conference, and for Zone Conference we are watching Meet the Mormons.  We get to see it before it even comes out.  President Ballard has it already.  We are going to watch it on Thursday! 

This last week we got to meet up with Mary again.  We were able to share a message about prayer with her.  She was really happy and really appreciated us coming to see her.  I am hoping that this week we can get her to come to church.  We have a few investigators that we are hoping will come to church this week.  
 This week was the first week on a bike for me.  I LOVED it!!!!! It was so fun... It was tiring at times, haha but I loved it.  We are in a car again this week... I wish that we were always on the bike!!  On Thursday we got a call right in the middle of Companion study from the sisters in our zone and they were at the hospital because one of them got their finger stuck in a blender! Dont ask me why she put her hand in the blender while it was going.. haha but she did.  She was at the emergency room and wanted a blessing!! So we were rushing as fast as we could  and the hospital was all the way by the clackamas town center!!! And we took a wrong turn... haha!!!  It was interesting though... I was so tired, I was biking as hard as I could and as we were there were people yelling at us and swearing at us... That always kinda happens... but it was even more that day.  It made me realize how amazing and powerful the priesthood is.  It made me realize how important it is. Anyways, we got to the hospital, I tried to talk to a lady... haha she began telling me that us mormons worship on the wrong day, I politely asked her if she would like a book of mormon.. she said no.  She already had one... then started telling me again how us mormons were wrong I just shook her hand and told her my name and told her that it was nice to meet her.  We didn't have a lot of time because we were still on the way to the blessing! Then we got there and were able to give it.  It turned out that it wasn't that bad at all, but it was still a great opportunity.  There is a statue at the MTC, it’s of two missionaries on bikes and they are booking it! That is how I felt.  The work is hastening and we are on the Lords call.  It isn't a matter we should take lightly.

There were two instances this week where people came up to us and asked us for help.  It was so crazy!! The first was when we had just got home and this guy came up to us and asked if we were Mormons.  We said yes and he asked us if we could meet again!  haha we were like... uhh.... YEAH!!!!!  its just funny because most people want nothing to do with us!  We set up an appointment the following day and taught him the restoration.  I shared the mormon message about the testimony of the book of mormon with Elder Holland.  We asked him to Read the book of Mormon and Pray about it.  He said he would. He asked about Joseph Smith.  We told him about the restoration and taught him about prophets and that we have a living Prophet today.  After the lesson you could just tell that he was in deep thought. I think that he was really thinking about what we said. 

The members here are so great!  They take care of us so much.  I love the members here!

General Conference was awesome!! I loved the way Elder Holland spoke.  It reminded me of King Benjamin when he was talking to the people and telling them that he was no different then them.  Elder Holland told everyone that he doesn't know how it feels to be poor, he doesn't know how to tell people who are to handle it, but he knows that Lord knows.  Our savior Jesus Christ who suffered for all of us was homeless.  He knows.  I just loved how Elder Holland would come out and admit that he doesn't know how that feels.  Then after he so boldly testified how the Lord knows.  It really showed to me how humble President Holland is.  I could feel the spirit working through him.  It touched my heart.  

I love you all and keep up the great work.  

Love always, 


Elder Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment