Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, October 13, 2014

Teaching Great People!

Hello family and friends! 

Sorry, we went on a sweet hike all day today for PDay with our ward mission leader! He is so cool! We just got back and I don't have very long to email before we have to get back to the grind! Haha. I will try to send some pics from this week! Also... Jay, our ward mission leader is putting a bunch of pics on FB of us! He will tag me in a bunch so you can get some there! 

Meet the Mormons was great. We watched it Zone Conference! I really liked the first one too! President Ballard bore his testimony at the end about testimony. He talked about finding your testimony on the mission. He said, if you feel like you don't have one, hold on. He is aware of your needs and is anxious to help you. That was a really powerful moment when he talked about that. I just felt the spirit when he did. 
Elder Redding with 2nd Cousin, Elder Cantrell
at Zone Conference

Zone Conference Outing

Elder Redding at Zone Conference Outing

Elder Redding and Elder Plessinger - Zone Conference Outing


Also, I met a kid who is 18 years old and is from China. He came to church this week. That was really neat. So I went up and bore my testimony, first in English and then in Chinese for him. ...he is very shy, and don't think he has a bunch of friends at high school. It was nice. We are taking him out for ice cream this week with "C...") (our other Chinese investigator) 

Then after church we went to the McDonald's, they are sweet. I love them. This is the family that "C..."is living with. I talked to her, and it went really well. I asked her to be honest with me about the church and her interest. Because a lot of times they will just tell you what you want to hear. The Chinese don't want to disappoint. She took it well and told me that she thinks it is a good thing, but needs more time. I told her that that was great. I told her that it took me time too. I told her that it deserves time. She committed to reading the whole Book of Mormon. .... Wow. Haha. She is amazing. 

This is going to be a great week. I love you guys so much.

I will send a bunch of pics!! Hahaha ... And the video is of me with a new member.

Love,


Elder Redding

1 comment: