Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, December 8, 2014

Beautiful Pictures from Buddhist Temple Trip With 200 Missionaries!!!





Dear Family and Friends, 

200 Missionaries at the Buddhist Temple - Incredible Day!
I don't even know where to start! haha, the weeks fly by and there are so many details that I wish that you all could just see through my eyes what I get to see everyday.  It is amazing.  I guess to start off, this last week we on Monday we went to lunch with The District Leaders and went to a ChiDaoBao (Buffet)  It was awesome!!! haha!  The next day, a member paid for us to go to another ChiDaoBao!! haha so we were super lucky because most days we just eat rice and vegetables and noodles for lunch and dinner!!! The food here is really good.  It is so different.  It is awesome though! 

Monk and Missionary - Both Dedicated to What They Believe
This week we also had the Mission Wide Christmas Party! It was in Gaosiung!  So Elder Munger and I got up at 5:15 to ride our bikes to catch the bus that left at 6:45, and the bus ride took like 3 hours!  It was fun! We went to this Buddhist Temple!  It was HUGE!!!!!  We had 200 missionaries there and it was so cool!!  We were taking the picture and all the natives were taking pictures of us too! hahaha!!  I met up with my (MTC) district there and it was the funnest thing ever!!  We got to spend like 2 hours there just walking around.  So I went with Elder Varvel and we just chatted and it was way fun!  While we were there we got to learn a lot about their religion.  It is really interesting. I was so grateful for the fullness of the Gospel.  I was so grateful for the knowledge we have of Heavenly Father's perfect plan to bring each and every one of us happiness.  It was a beautiful temple... unlike ours though... it was just open to the public and pictures.  It just wasn't set apart from the world.  I was really grateful for the gospel as we were there.  I also got a picture with a monk!!!  Yes!  A REAL LIVE MONK!!! haha!!  I was kind of scared to ask, mostly because of my chinese... but I did and she was so nice about it.  They are so nice!!  It was kind of cool.  Here you have these people at the temple who have given their lives for what they believe, with 200 missionaries who are giving all their time and attention to what they believe.  It was cool!  That is why I like that picture.  

With Elder Munger at the Seafood Buffet
After the temple we went to this hotel and had this huge seafood buffet!!! It was so good!!!  I can't even describe it.  Sooo good!!!  I ate a whole squid... right out of the ocean! haha  

After that we went to the church for a devotional, and all the departing missionaries had 2 min to say what they learned in their 2 years.  I couldn't even imagine being in their shoes.  It was really humbling and special to hear their testimonies.  After President and his wife spoke and it was really good and just filled with the spirit. 

After the devotional we traveled home and Elder Munger and I sat at the bottom of the bus and made calls for 2 hours to potential investigators!  We then rode our bikes home and didnt get back till like 11:30! It was crazy!! haha so we decided that we would get up at 630 the next morning instead of the usual 5 40! haha it was weird because when I got up I almost felt guilty for getting up on time instead of early.. hahah!
Elder Munger and Elder Redding in Front of Buddhist Temple
The Taiwan Taichung Missionaries at the Buddhist Temple in Gaosiung

Elder Redding with Ward Mission Leader
The rest of the week we worked with our investigators who are progressing and have their baptismal date for the 20th of December!  I hope and pray that they keep on the course they are on.  It is something that can and will bless their lives and we just continue to try and testify of the truthfulness of our message.  We gave them an invite to write their question down and use it as a book mark in their scriptures and when they read to look for that answer.  I had a cool experience with this.  I decided to do the same and write my question.  I prayed right after and began reading and the answer was simple and clear and right there.  Had I not written my question I would have never known what I was looking for.  I know that prayers are answered and that Heavenly Father knows us personally and individually and knows our needs.  He wants to answer our questions, it just takes a little effort on our part.  

Elder Redding & Elder Munger in Front of LDS Church
Yesterday was awesome!  Church was really good!  I understood more this time, and I got to bear my testimony.  I told them that my testimony was simple but I was grateful for the opportunity to share it.  Isn't it so great that we all have the opportunity to share our testimony and how we have come to know our Savior.  

After the Second Counselor came up to us because we are running the entire ward Christmas party and we mentioned that I am playing the guitar with a recent convert and Elder Munger is singing!  He then asked me if I would teach this guitar class every week for investigators! hahaha I said yes!  I am really excited about that!! haha! That will be awesome!  A great opportunity to share the gospel! The Chinese will be so hard... haha but somehow it will all work out! 

This Holiday season I am so grateful for my Savior and his gift to all of us.  He gave his whole life for each and every one of us so that we could be happy and find joy and not just endure to the end, but so that we could ENJOY to the end.  I hope that all of us this Holiday season can make a difference in someone else's life who needs it.  As we lose ourselves in serving others only then do we begin to truly appreciate the Savior's gift to each and every one of us.  I love all of you!! 

 Sorry, this email was so jumbled!! haha it was a crazy week with a lot that happened!!! haha

 Love Always, 

Elder Redding
Elder Redding and Elder Varvel - Serious Pose in Front of Buddhist Temple

Selfie - Elder Redding, Elder Shurtleff (from MTC), Elder Munger
Elder Dawson and Elder Redding - Both Bountiful Braves Serving in Taiwan!

Elder Redding with a Pig on the Street

1 comment: