Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, December 1, 2014

Zone Conference and Drinking from a Fire Hose!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 
This week really flew by!!  It was a great week and just super busy!!  We have about a million things to do everyday and there just doesn't seem like there is enough time in a day to get it all done! I will do my best to remember some of the details!! haha I am drinking from a firehose out here, but it is really good! 
Pday last week was really fun.  We went ice skating with an investigator of ours.  It was really fun, and it was so funny to watch all the Natives watch us crazy americans going crazy on the ice.  hahaha all of them were really cautious and scared of falling and here we come in our shirt and ties and are just jumping and trying spins and falling... hahah.  They were laughing so hard.  It was really fun.  After we went to eat and I bought all my groceries.  \
Wednesday was my first English class and it was really fun.  It was really hard.. haha because it is hard to explain things in chinese... especially because i dont really know chinese!! haha! It was really fun though, and it was so funny to hear them laugh and try to speak english.  haha now I know why they smile when I speak chinese.  haha!  At the start of the class we had a couple of new students so we asked them their english names... they are so funny!! One of them was Movie. hahaha!!! I couldn't help but just laugh! The people here are so funny! 
Meeting Elder and Sister Gong at First Taichung Zone Conference
Friday we had Zone Conference and Elder Gong from the 70 came with his wife.  It was really a cool thing.  He talked about Faith, Energy, and Focus.  He talked about how all three of those things are related.  He talked about how 1 can never truly exist without the other.  I really liked that.  It made me
At Dinner with Elder Gong, Senior Couple and Missionaries
think about my own life and my own Faith, Energy, and Focus.  Elder Gong asked all the new missionaries in the room to stand, and so I did, and he asked how long we had been in Taiwan, and we said 1 week.  He then asked who had the first vision memorized and could teach it in chinese.  So I raised my hand.  He then called on me and my companion to go to the front and teach it to the AP's in front of everyone.  I was pretty nervous haha, but we did it and it went really well. haha I think that I even made a little sense. At lunch I actually sat right next to Elder Gong and his wife.  It was really neat to just feel of his spirit and his dedication to the Lord.

This week we were able to set a baptismal date with another one of our investigators, and on Sunday all of them came except one.  It was really cool!  Except that they thought that church was really boring.  
Sunday night we had a FHE for a lot of the recent converts and Investigators.  I was in charge of the game... haha and all I could think of were bowling for batteries and throwing cards, and throwing quarters!! hahaha!!! I realized how much fun we had in our little FHE games at home.  We ended up doing a bunch of little games and played a minute to win it.  It was so fun and they had so much fun!! haha it got crazy for a little bit, to the point that I was on the ground laughing so hard that I felt like I was about to throw up. hahah! it was really funny to watch them get so excited about little games! haha and I am proud to say that I won the card throwing! ;) haha! 
The work here is really neat.  As far as finding, we just talk to everyone.  At lights we pull up to people and have about 30 seconds to get them to pull over and talk more.  So I just kinda of throw myself out there and go for it!! It is really exciting and really neat when you get to share your testimony with them, even if they aren't interested.  haha I have a lot of fun.  We ride by people with their hands out for taxis... so naturally I give them high fives! hahah! Just seeing these people smile really gets me excited about the work and sharing the gospel.  
The bike riding is crazy!!! haha crazy!!! I love it though.  It is really fun.  Yeah, we have some investigators that are progressing towards baptism and actually have a lesson with a new investigator today that I found!! haha.  It was just at a light and I talked to her, asked if she could pull over and talk for a sec, and she did and then we did and then Elder Munger came to help!! haha I was running out of words in chinese!! haha!  That lesson tonight will be good though!! 
Elder Munger teaches most all the lessons.  He is awesome.  He gives me parts. haha and then after I share, he cleans up what i said and clarifies.  He is awesome, and crazy hard worker.  We get up at 5:55, and are lucky to get to bed by 10:30... haha something we are working on! haha there just isn't enough time in the day!!!  His work outs are nuts too!!! the other day we did 100 burpees.  haha and the whole time there was this Chinese guy talking to me.. haha i could not understand him at all and was trying to be nice and do burpees and talk and it was so hard!!
I love you all so much and pray for you daily. 
Love, 
Elder Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment