Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, January 5, 2015

Banana Spider - Eeek!

ELDER REDDING

Dear Family and Friends,

Hello everyone!!  I hope that you all enjoyed your New Years and ate TONS of food and most importantly enjoyed the company of the ones you love most.  I sure do love you guys and am grateful for all your amazing examples!!  Lets all dominate this next year!!! 

Poisonous Banana Spider
Last week was a crazy week... hahaha!  Just a lot happened and it is super hard to remember every detail. (Something I am working on)  It started off last Monday after we emailed!  ...we went to subway.. After that Elder Munger and I decided to ride our bikes up the mountain to look for monkeys!  It was awesome, and a nice ride.  On the way up we got a little lost and asked this guy for directions... He was white and spoke english!  hahah, he was just cruising down the mountain on his scooter with his little dog! haha We got talking to him and he has been in Taiwan for over 30 years.  He came here for work.  We set up with him to go pick up trash down by the river next week.  We eventually made it to the monkeys but was a tough climb up the mountain on bikes.  There were tons and they were awesome!!  We also saw a banana spider!  It was as big as my hand and SUPER POISONOUS!!  

Wednesday we took a surprise trip to the temple!  It was awesome!  Elder Munger and I got up at 5 to ride to the DaYa chapel!  We left at 6.  On the way there we watched Ephraims rescue!  I really loved that.  It gave me this great desire to always be ready to serve the lord.  I was so happy, and so touched.  I just felt the power of the Savior.  Finally we got there and it was just right in the middle of TaiPei!  Crazy, and it was so beautiful!  While we were in the temple there was an earthquake! It was just a small one! haha but when it started my heart dropped... haha then I said a prayer quicker than I ever have and I just felt happiness.  (Weird feeling huh?) haha but I just felt safe because I was in the temple.  haha the earthquake was so small, but I just felt the safety of my Father in Heaven at that moment.  

Thursday we had a first lesson with this guy and he truly is "seeking for the truth".  Some people will meet with us because we are Americans or because we are "Shuai"  (Handsome)  ...haha their words not mine! ;)   So to see this guys desire to really learn about the gospel and what an importance it has in his life was amazing.  He is praying and continues to meet with us.  We followed up with him on Saturday and taught him the message of the restoration.  

Sunday was absolutely crazy. haha... we have church at 2 o'clock.  We get there and we are out front and this guy on his scooter just gets drilled by our investigator in his car.  We ran over and he was okay, but his hand was cut up and his helmet was cracked!  He drilled his head but was okay! We are just seeing so many wrecks lately!! But we had an investigator come to church who I think will get baptized this month.  Lets keep praying!!  

I love you all so much and am so grateful for all of you!!!  You are my greatest examples and feel so blessed for every memory that I have with each of you!!  I love you all and love this gospel!!  If there is anything that I can do to help you guys out here please let me know!  I pray for you all the time! 

Love,


Elder Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment