Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, February 16, 2015

David Got Baptized!!!



Dear Family and Friends,

David's Baptism Day
Hello everyone!!! This week was so great!!!  To top it all off... DAVID GOT BAPTIZED!!!! It was so awesome!  It was really a miracle with him.  He made a lot of changes in his life and I know that Heavenly Father is so proud of him!  He bore his testimony after the baptism and it was so neat.  There was such a change in him from when I first met him to his baptism.  This is what the gospel does, it changes lives and give us happiness and peace, even through the hardest times in life.  I was reading in the D&C this week and read in section 50:41,42.  This spoke volumes to me of the great love our Savior has for us.  I loved the end of 42 "that none shall be lost".  If that doesn't give you confidence in Christs mission as our Savior I don't know what does.  I love that.  We also had a neat opportunity in the baptism to sing as missionaries.  We had about 7 missionaries there and we sang Nearer My God to Thee.  As we sang and I looked out at David and the tiny little DaKeng ward.  I just felt love.  I felt love for them, for this gospel, for my family and friends, and for my Savior.  It was really cool.  He did it!!!  

The other really cool  thing that happened this week was that we taught the English class as usual, but we switched to teaching the GaoJiBan which is the advanced so we speak all English.   The class didn't seem super thrilled to have new teachers, but we went for it and were just positive and happy with them.  The topic was currency and foreign exchange rates! haha so yeah... but as Elder Munger and I got teaching we could just feel the positivity in the room.  They loved it and especially at the end when we did the spiritual share they were all silent and listening.  After the class we had people come up who were really happy.  A man came up to me and told me that we had inspired him.  I thought that was so neat.  I was so happy.  We also had a few students from the class we taught before join the class because they didn't want us to leave.  They couldn't understand what was going on in the class because their English isn't great, but they felt the spirit too.  After a lady came up and told me how much she loved the way we taught, which I thought was interesting because she can't understand hardly anything and should still be in the other class, she also acknowledged that, but I feel like she felt the spirit and love of the gospel.  It was sweet!!! 

I love you all so much and am so grateful for you guys.  Thanks for taking the time to write me each week.  I love you all so much!!  If there is anything I can do for you please let me know!! Love you!!! 

Elder Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment