Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, April 20, 2015

Humility - A Christ Like Attribute

你們好!

Hello my wonderful family and friends!!!! I just received news that this will be my last week in 大坑! (DaKeng)  I will be transferred next week.  I don't know where I am going yet, but I know that I will love it.  I have loved my time here in DaKeng so much.  I have spent  5 months here, and I don't want to leave.  I love the people and I love the ward.  It will really be hard to leave some of these amazing people. I feel such a love for this place.  I hope that I can develop this kind of love for the other areas in which I am called to serve.  

This week is going to be a crazy one.  My companion Elder Ju has 12 weeks left on island and he has been asked to train for those last 12 weeks.  He will die in DaKeng.  Great place to die!!!  This week we also have about 30 new missionaries coming... it is going to be crazy.  I will probably get to help with the DanJones activity.  That will be really exciting.

I read in PMG this week in chapter 6 about Christ like attributes.  I read about humility and realized as I was reading how humility and confidence are connected.  More times than not when I think of being humble I have found that I seem to lose confidence and beat myself up more times that not.  I realize that this is wrong.  The purpose of becoming humble is not so that we are in constant misery and feeling like we don't measure up, the purpose is to bring us happiness.  When I imagine the Savior... it is hard for me to picture him without a smile.  I believe he was the happiest man that ever lived.  I picture him and I don't picture him as a weak person.  I picture him and picture him confident... confident in his mission.  I know that as we focus on the Savior and try to become like him and rely on Him, we truly become happy like he is.  We can be confident.  We can always know that we are sons and daughters of our loving Heavenly Father.  We can be confident in the Savior's mission for each and every one of us.  WE ARE CONFIDENT IN THEIR LOVE!  There is a difference between pride and confidence in eternal truths.  I believe that as we come to understand this principle of humility, we can change any weakness with happiness and confidence.  We can feel peace with doing our best.  You all are such wonderful examples to me of selfless service to others, and humility in all you do.  I see you all and I see confidence in His love for you.  

I love you all so much!!! 

Love, 


Elder Redding 

No comments:

Post a Comment