Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, April 27, 2015

Transfer to MingJian

With a Friend in Dakeng
I can't even believe it.  These last 5 months have literally flown by.  I am sitting in an internet cafe right now in YuanLin with my new companion Elder Roberts.  I am super excited.  We are actually only staying here for another little bit and then we are going to our area.  We will be white-washing in MingJian!  It is like the most out in the middle of no where place in the mission.  Huge, beautiful mountain range haha.  It has so few people and the area is huge.  I am super excited. My new companion is awesome. I just met him but he is awesome!  I am really excited to learn from his example.  He is from Utah as well.  

I am so grateful that I was able to serve in Dakeng with such amazing people.  I have really come to feel how much Heavenly Father loves all of his children.  

A Scooter Buddy
This week was really special as well because we had a new stake organized in TaiZhong.  It was amazing.  We all went to this chapel and got to hear from Elder Gong.  It was so special to see everyone there from all of TaiZhong.  It was powerful and amazing to be apart of.  P and V came.  I told V before I left to never forget the feelings she felt at church and to know where they came from.  She got really emotional and started to cry.  It was really hard to tell them goodbye.  

I also got to go to Dan Jones this week and help out with the new missionaries.  I got to take Elder Williams around the night market and contact people.  It was so fun.  It reminded me of when I got to do that.  That seems like just yesterday.  

Elder Redding with D, E, and L and Elder Ju
Today D, E, and L came and took me to the train station (friends baptized in Dakeng).  I am really going to miss them. They were so nice to me.  I really feel as if the people that I met out here I somehow knew before. I really love them and plan to see them again.   I am so excited to get to serve in MingJian and help those wonderful people come to know their Heavenly Father and their Savior. I can't wait.  

I don't have a ton of time today because we have got to get going.  I will update you more next week on everything.  I am so grateful for this gospel and the peace and comfort it brings.  I know that it is true and I will shout it to the world.  This is going to be another great adventure and I can't wait to see how everything unfolds. 

Love you all!! 

Love, 


Elder Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment