Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, May 18, 2015

The Lord's Hand Was in Our Week! (Plus Pictures)

Dear Family and Friends, 

Hello everyone!! It was the greatest thing ever getting to see all of you last week on skype for Mother's Day!!  It actually worked a lot better than I thought it would, considering our luck with 
Back to Dakeng for Baptism! Awesome Day!
Special Baptism Day
technology. hahaha!  You guys all looked great!! I felt right at home like I was right there with you guys again.  It was a huge blessing.  I was able to think that P Day about our skype and really am so grateful for the knowledge we have of The Plan of Salvation.  I know it is true and I know that families are forever.  As I looked into your eyes from thousands of miles away I couldn't help but feel the spirit testify to me that the Plan of Salvation is true.  How grateful I am for that knowledge.  There are times our here when we teach the plan of salvation and the people have never thought about what comes after death.  We tell them the glorious message of our Heavenly Father's plan and the opportunity we have to live forever with God and those we love most.  They look at us, and tell us that we cannot know these things.  They tell us that there is no such thing after death.  We look them in the eyes and with all the confidence in the world tell them.  I know that this is true.  I have felt it, and I cannot nor will not deny it.  They have there choice to accept it.  I can't think of a greater gift than to live with all of you, our HeavenlyFather, and our Brother Jesus Christ forever.  Its a pretty sweet deal.

This week was crazy.  MingJian is a biking area... and oh do we bike!  It actually isn't too bad.  I like biking here.  Its beautiful.... but boy is it hot!  We are never not wet.  We walk outside and we are drenched in sweat. This week was the same story.  It was full of miracles though.  

On Tuesday after a long day of tracting, we bike to JiJi and ended up getting cancelled on.  So we did some more tracting and ended up tracting into this home.  It was an older man who we went and sat with on a bench and started talking to.  We got talking and then he invited us inside.  He was incredibly nice to us.  We talked with him and finally found an opportunity to share more of the gospel with him.  As we shared he didn't quite have the same beliefs that families could live forever.  He had never thought about it and wasn't too willing to start believing.  We told him that we knew it was true.  We asked if we could come back some other time and visit the rest of his family, He said that we could.  As we left, he said: "make sure if you are around here you come visit."  That was neat. ... he also gave us a bunch of bananas haha.  The bananas here are amazing. haha

Zone Conference Lunch
Wednesday was an early day, we got up super early in order to get to Zone Conference in JiaYi! We rode the train there.  Zone Conference was awesome.  We discussed a lot about ways we can best help our investigators make it to church.  It came down to really setting that expectation in the first place and everyday doing good follow ups with them.  When they understand the importance of church and are prepared it really isn't a problem at all.  It was nice to see everyone.  I saw Elder Jenkins again.  He gave his mission reflection and it was great!  

Thursday we went tracting and found these awesome Grandma and Grandpa who let us is.  I am pretty sure she is some Buhdist leader... hahah they were so nice and we shared the first lesson with them.  We set up to go back.  Then they gave us a whole watermelon hahaha!!! 

Friday we got goose egged.... hahaha.... We were just planting! ;) 

Saturday things went awesome.  It started off with a lesson at McD's where we gave this kid a baptismal goal!! It was aweosme!!! We then went to ZhuShan and visited some people including that Grandma and Grandpa.  We started sharing the 2nd.... but they can't read the book of mormon because of their lack of education.  So we are trying to get tapes for them to listen to! After we told them next time they came we would bring a friend.  ... I had the best mangobing (kinda like ice cream). haha it was just a great day.  

Sunday was a miracle.  It has been over 2 movecalls since missionaries have hit standards in MingJian.  haha we had all these lessons set up to hit them.... and everything worked out.  We hit standards!!!! haha but it wasn't really us... the more I look at it the more I realize how prominent the Lord's hand was in our week!  It was a great faith booster.  Elder Roberts and I hope to hit them again this week.  I know that numbers are not the most important thing.... but I do know that "without a vision, the people perish."  Standards are a means to reach our end goal of bring people unto Christ.  We are seeing miracles through planning and faith.  

Sunday night we went to a Ward activity and it was aweosme... then the branch president turned to us and told us to give the lesson.  hahaha... so I grabbed my book of mormon and read 2nd nephi 33:3.  I talked aobut Taylor's influence on me when he served a mission.  I talked aobut the love Taylor developed for the people.  I talked about reading that scripture for the first time and already loving the people of Taiwan even before I knew I was coming here. It was a great experience to share.  Elder Roberts and I also had to teach Gospel Principles right on the spot! hahaha!!!  I love it here!!! 

Love you all and have an awesome week.  Thank you all for your amazing examples!!! 

Love, 
Elder Redding
With Elder Roberts and Friends from Dakeng

No comments:

Post a Comment