Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, September 21, 2015

The Gospel is Love!!!

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you all so much for the most wonderful birthday ever!!! I can't believe that I got to turn 20 years old in Taiwan.  It was awesome!!  Thank you all so much for the letters, and thank you so much for the awesome package!  Between Elder Christensen and I the treats didn't last long! hahaha!!  Elder Christensen's bday was the 18th... so I talked with Willie and he got in contact with the ward and we had a surprise b day party for him.  It made him so happy!!  That was awesome!! This weekend way nuts!!! hahaha!  It was a whirlwind!!  

This week was crazy with interviews and then we had stake conference.  We spent most of the weekend in downtown gaoxiong for those events.  Interviews were great... I am so grateful for such a wonderful mission president.  I know that this church is true and am so grateful to be here in Taiwan serving these people.  Stake Conference was awesome as well.  

It also has been cool to see the change in "C" the last few months.  This is the gospel.  As members of the church we have such a huge blessing in our lives that everyday we have the opportunity to live the gospel and receive the blessings therefrom.  This is what we do.  

I feel like the longer I am out here the more I am coming to better understand the people's hearts here.  I love the people here.  I love the gospel.  It is hope, it is courage, the gospel is LOVE!!! My heart was full this week.  It has been full of love for all of you, for these great people, for my Savior, and for my God.  I love you all.  Keep the faith and keep looking to the future!!! 

Love, 


The Oldie... Elder 20yrs old Redding!!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment