Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, September 28, 2015

All of God's Children Are So Important!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week has been a great week.  It has been full of crazy events and new experiences. This week we had the opportunity to experience the Mid-Autumn festival here.  It was full of BBQ's fruit hats, great food, and fireworks!  It was awesome!!  I really love the ward here.  I feel like everyday I meet people here and I begin to love them more and more.  I know that all of these people are so important in our Heavenly Fathers eyes.  This plan was created for all of us, it wasn't just created for a select few of us that came down to earth.  It was created for all of us.  We all courageously made the decision to participate in God's plan.  We all wanted to live with him again and enjoy all of the blessings that he enjoys.  I believe we knew before hand very well that coming to earth wouldn't not be easy... that we would be tested.  I also believe that we were very excited with the knowledge that we would receive bodies and gain happy joyful experiences that would last forever.  I am so grateful that I chose to participate in this plan and that I have the opportunity to serve here around His children in Taiwan.  Every single soul is precious in our Heavenly Fathers eyes.  This plan is perfect and was designed for our happiness.  It is the plan of HAPPINESS!!! (Moses 1:39) ''This is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."  This is what he glories in... not in himself, but in us.  He glories in our happiness.  He glories in every single ounce of effort we put in to do a little better. He is the Father and he hears and answers every single prayer. 

This week we have been working hard to help these people progress... We had to re-set some goals but that is okay.  It is patience and diligence.  The goals we have right now are really solid!  "P" has a goal for the 17th of October... that will be great for him.  

This week we met with "..."  and he took us out to eat Bing(ice) with him.  It was good, and then he got talking to us about his work and some of the challenges that he has been facing recently.  I invited him to read a chapter every day in 3rd nephi for the next month.  So far he is doing a great job.  I committed to doing that with him.  So I have been doing that as well.  Reading one chapter in 3rd nephi every day is really easy and really is one of the best parts of the day.  I love reading the Book of Mormon!!  

This weekend was crazy with Mid-Autumn festival.  We went to a ward BBQ that was awesome!!  I also saw a family from my old ward in DaKeng! That was super cool! It was super cool to see them.  I really love our ward here in GangShan.  We also got invited to go to a friends house named dark.  He and his mom taught us how to make dumplings!! That was super fun... after we ate them.. That was awesome.  He then took us to dinner at this huge night market! That was awesome!!! 

Last night Willie invited us to his home for another BBQ... the food there was unreal!! hahah there were a bunch of little kids there and I showed them the magic trick that Tay taught me of hitting the cards out of their hands! hahaha they thought that it was the coolest thing ever!! hahah... being there at Willie's home with his family reminded me again of how important all of Gods children are!  I am so grateful for last night's experience.  

I love you all so much!! Sorry this email is kinda crazy... we are going to Monkey Mtn again with a bunch of our ward for PDay!!  It should be super fun!!  

Love, 


Elder Redding 

No comments:

Post a Comment