Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, October 19, 2015

"I Could Possibly Spend the Rest of My Days Here"

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week has flown by... once again.  I have been in Taiwan for about 11 months... crazy.  I can't even believe how the time has gone.  This week we really focused a lot with some of the RC's and LA's we had about taking the next step!!  We are hoping to help them all get to the temple.  That is the goal!! 

This week we met with an LA who has been a member of the church for the longest period of time out of any other member in GangShan.  I hope that makes sense... haha!  Anyways... he is really awesome and has recently gone through the temple to do baptisms for the dead.  We went to his house this week and brought a member with us and shared about the temple.  We invited him and his wife to come up with a goal together of when they can go through the temple and be sealed... and then we committed them to talking to the bishop this week about their goal so that he could work with them... Well when we left their home the member that came with us told us that 15 years ago they he went to this mans house with the missionaries and taught the same thing... so unlike last time,  we were very hopeful that they would talk to the bishop this time.  Well Sunday rolled around and they were at church.. haha and I thought that I better just remind him about what they committed to do.  He remembered and went up to the bishop and they set a time for next week to interview and talk about this goal!!  Awesome!  

This week we also taught JM the Filipino again.  He is awesome!  He even came to church and stayed the whole 3 hours!  We are very hopeful for him. We will meet with him again this week. They are talking about starting up an english gospel principles class for the filipinos.  That would be awesome.  

This week we also found out some sad news... On monday we went decided to go over to "Cs" home.. we hadn't seen him in a while.. and we thought that was really strange.  Well when we got there we found out that his dad was really sick... Long story short.. his dad is really old and "C" was really worried.  We took him to the hospital.  He had like no strength and I had to basically lift him in and out of the car.  This has been really hard on "C".  He is so young and is going through a lot right now.  Keep him in your prayers.  

We went running again on Saturday!!  We ran 6 miles with the GangShan running team.  It was such a blast!! hahah I love this ward so much.  I feel like Ammon when he says that he possibly could spend the remainder of his days among the Lamanites! haha 

This week I did a lot of studying in the Bible... I found the more and more I read the more it truly testifies to me of the Savior’s mission.  The Savior loves us so much.  One thought that really hit me this week was that the Savior was prepared beforehand to perform the atonement.  However, the Savior still had his agency.  He was subject to all the things that we face.. the difference is that he never yielded to any temptations and bore all sorts of pain and trials with patience.  The reason why this thought struck me so hard is that the Savior while he was suffering for us could have given up... but he didn't.  He didn't give up on us.  For that reason we cannot ever give up on him, or anyone else for that matter.  When we let this sink deep into our hearts I truly believe it is enough for us to take on any challenge that this life will throw at us.

JOHN 16:33
  33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me yemight have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation:but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

I love all of you so much!  Thank you for all your emails and letters of encouragement!!  They mean the world.  

Love, 


Elder Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment