Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, October 5, 2015

When You Feel You Can No Longer Stand...Kneel in Prayer

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week has been so fast!!! I can't believe it is already October!!  Where in the world did September go?? Ayyyeahhh! This week has been a very great week.  We are continuing to work hard here in GangShan to find those who are ready to receive this gospel!  It is such a great blessing!!  We are really working with the ward here - the bishopric just changed.  I am very grateful for the organization of the church and the wisdom and humility the leaders have in directing this great work.  I know that Bishop Gao was called to lead and most importantly to serve the ward here in GangShan at this time. 

We had a great opportunity this week to be able to sit down with him for about an hour and a half and just discuss some of our goals and plans and missionaries and how we can best work with him and the ward to accomplish his vision and desire for the ward.  It was such a great experience.  He is really focused on helping the members develop habits that would allow them to become the most spiritually strong they can be personally and also strengthening the families.  It was all so simple but made so much sense.  It was a great experience to sit and set some goals together.  I feel the love he has for the Lord so much when I speak with him.  It is amazing.  I am really excited for this ward.  

This week I really felt the power of the Book of Mormon and saw it in action.  We have been working with "..." who has really been struggling.  We were at the FamilyMart making some calls and I called him... he was still at work but he sounded so bad.  He had no energy or life or anything.  I asked him if he felt that at any time he had felt the Savior’s love in his life.  He said no... and that this burden was so heavy on him.  I told him that that was the role of the Savior.. to lift burdens.  That night during our English meeting there were scriptures shared in Ether 6 about the Jaredites leaving and being on the Sea for almost a year.  That really would be so hard...with all the animals and everything..  It would be tough.  However, in there it talks about the wind constantly blowing them towards the promised land.  I invite you all to read Ether chapter 6 and really pay attention to the reaction when they had reached the promised land.  I knew right when I heard that scripture that that was the one that "..." needed to hear.  I knew it.  Well that night went on... we had English class and at the end he showed up... he doesn't usually show up.  I shared that scripture with him and invited him to read it on his own.  

The following day I got a call from "..." and he called to tell me how happy he was.  He called to tell me that he was going to hang in there.  I know that the Lord is always constantly pushing towards the promised land.  I know that as the Jaredites were on the sea it wasn't always smooth and when the waves crashed over their barges it was often time probably very scary, but I know that the Lord's hand was always there pushing them towards the promised land.  We all need to keep the faith and hang in there... if we feel that we can no longer stand... that is the perfect time to kneel in prayer to our Heavenly Father and cry unto him for help.  I know that the Lord answers our prayers.  

I love the scriptures so much!  I love you all!  Thank you for your constant prayers and love.  I feel your great love.  I love you all!! 

Love, 


Elder Redding 

No comments:

Post a Comment