Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, December 7, 2015

We Have A Savior!

Dear Family and Friends, 

Biking in TaiBao Area
This week has been fantastic!!  It has been full of miracles and I am so grateful that I have been given this sacred opportunity to serve the Lord.  I love him.  I love the people here in Taiwan.  I hope that this Christmas season I can be the servant that the Lord would have me be in order to bring more people to a knowledge of their Savior.  That is about the happiest news that I think I have ever heard in my life.  We. Have. A. Savior. I testify that he loves each and every one of us very personally and he is not only willing to do anything for us... he has already done it all for us.  I hope that during this time of year that all of you can feel of the love that our Savior has for us.  

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which 
shall be to all people.
 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 

That is one of my favorite scriptures. 
This week we had the opportunity of meeting with "J" again.  She is doing so well.  She came to church this week and the ward just loved her to death.  It was a really neat thing.  When we met with her this week she actually brought a friend.  We invited our Branch President to join in the lesson with us.  We taught about the Book of Mormon.  It was very peaceful and spiritually.  We were able to bear powerful testimony of the truth of the Book of Mormon.  It was so awesome.  

We also had 2 other investigators come to church yesterday... which was so cool.  That is really rare I guess in this area.  The branch seemed very excited about it!  Also, during fast and testimony meeting I had the opportunity to share my testimony.  I bore my testimony of the pure love of Christ.  I shared of why I came out on my mission and told the story of my amazing older brother courageously going out and serving the Lord.  I shared of what an influence that had on my life.  I want this type of love to fill the whole world.  I really was grateful for the opportunity to share my testimony.  

We did a ton of biking this week out to all of our areas to track down LA's and see if they still live where the records say they do.  It was a lot of work and we still have a lot of work to do.  It is kinda fun though.  They are long rides in the middle of fields and I love my companion.  We talk a lot about baseball and our futures together.  I am grateful for the companions that I have had that have been so kind to me and have truly become my best friends.  

This week we had like 5 new investigators.  This next week will be very busy.  Elder Larsen and I have high hopes for TaiBao.  ...I know that the Lord does as well.  So Elder Larsen and I have committed to giving it all we can here and relying on the Lord.  So far the Lord has blessed us more that we could ever even imagine.  

Thank you for everything you guys have done for me in my life.  I love you all and hope that this Christmas season fills you with joy with the reminder that we have a Savior.  Those are some of the most beautiful simple words that I can think of.  We have a Savior, Christ the Lord.  

Love all of you, 
Elder Redding
Elder Redding and Elder Varvel (MTC Companions) at Sun Moon Lake Christmas Party
Mission Christmas Party - Sun Moon Lake Area

Mission Christmas Party

Elder Hamula and Elder Redding - Sun Moon Lake Christmas Gathering

2015 Christmas Gathering - Sun Moon Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment