Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, November 30, 2015

Powerful Week!

Dear Family and Friends, 


This week was so amazing!!  It was a crazy week filled with biking, buses, trains, an apostle, baptisms, and miracles!!!  It was pretty amazing. haha

So my new area is really big... and I love it!!  It is beautiful!  It is in a place that at night I can actually see the stars.  It is beautiful!  They are nothing like the stars that we can see from our house in Bountiful... but they really are neat.  Because we are on the outskirts of JiaYi, we have to travel back to downtown JiaYi for District meeting and stuff. We are about a 40 min bus ride from Downtown.  We have a lot of secondary areas... and this week was just cool seeing a lot of them.  

The area hasn't had a baptism in the last 6 months... and at the start of this week we didn't have anyone with a goal or anything.  So Elder Larsen and I just went to work this week and trusted in the Lord.  We ended up finding some awesome people... one of which was at a 7 eleven near a college.  Her name is "J" and we met her and her friend and shared about Christ and having faith in him.  We invited them to come to English the next night.  That night we had more people than had ever come... including "J" and her friend.  At the end of English we did a spiritual share on Christmas and had a prayer.  I invited one of the new students to say the prayer.  They were willing... hahah it was a long prayer... haha but when it finished I looked up and there were just tears coming down "J"s face.  She felt the spirit!  It was amazing.  We set up to teach her on Saturday morning.  We taught her the first lesson and we set a baptismal date with her for the 26th of December.  :)  It was awesome.  

This week we traveled back to TaiZhong as you know and had the privilege of hearing from an Apostle of the Lord.  It was so amazing.  He talked about a lot of different things.  As he spoke all I could feel was love.  I had the opportunity to shake his hand.  I know that he is a chosen servant of the Lord.  It is just something that I know without a doubt in my mind.  He was so humble and kind.  I was one of the first to shake his hand and then went and sat in the chapel and had the opportunity of watching him shake everyone's hand.  As I watched him shake everyone's hand I got a little choked up... Just watching him I could feel the love of the Savior.  I imagined at that moment what it would have been like to have been on the earth when Christ was and to be able to watch him serve.  I know that we all will have a chance to meet Christ and we all will know that He is our Savior.  I know that he is and know that he loves us.  Then to close we all sang the mission song... haha i think that every time I sing it I cry... hahaha!!  It was neat.  Elder Stevenson gave us all one of the most special blessings at the end.  It was so powerful.  I cannot describe that feeling.  

This Saturday I was not able to attend the "G..." family baptism... :(  I called President and he was just afraid that it was too far away.  I was okay with his response - I understood.  The most important thing is that they were able to take another step closer towards their Savior.  That truly warms my heart.  They truly are my family in Taiwan.  I love them.  I would do anything for them.  I feel so blessed to have learned from them.  Ahhh... just awesome!!!  

Sunday we biked... and biked... and biked... hahahah!!!  We had to go to JiaYi city for a bigger meeting.  Elder Stevenson was also there... hahah so I was really lucky... I got to hear him twice.  He talked of Faith!!  It was powerful!  Sunday was also met another new Investigator and set a baptismal goal with him.  The Lord is really blessing us!!  

I love you all so much!!!  Keep up the great work!!  

Love, 

Elder Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment