Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, January 11, 2016

The Little Things...Bring Safety and Peace

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was another fantastic week!! This week just flew by... everyday is just flying by out here.  This week I feel like I was able to understand and feel once again the importance of the scriptures as I read them.  They are true and they are meant for us.  I studied a few talks this week from the 利阿賀拿 Liahona, and as I read the counsel given to us from our leaders I was reminded how often they use the scriptures in their teaching.  It was really inspiring to me.  I love the scriptures and know that they are true.  They are God's words written to us and for us.  Also... I read the scriptures I was reminded of the happiness and the promised that are abundantly shared in them.  READ THE SCRIPTURES!!! :) 

On Tuesday I decided that to start off the day I wanted to try and run a half marathon at this little track for my morning exercise.  So we got up really early and did that.  I was able to finish... I didn't run fast to say the least haha... it took me a little over 90 minutes.  haha and to be honest... I was pretty tired at the end.  haha Elder Cox was a trooper!!! He was just cheering me on.  To be honest I learned a very valuable lesson from that...  I got just over half way done with the thing and my legs were pretty tired and I was thinking about just quitting... however there came Elder Cox and he was right there to cheer me on about every lap yelling things like wahhooo,  go go go, and Youre Iron Man! hahaha!!  Those things really made the biggest difference in the world.  I know that if Elder Cox wasn't there... I would have never finished.  I would have just given up and been okay with it.  I learned how important a companion was once again.  Companions are there to lift and strengthen each other.  When the going gets tough... they are there.  It made me really grateful for our Father in Heavens wisdom and allowing us the opportunity to go to the temple and make covenants that allow us to magnify this principle. 

We were able to go to our ZTM on Tuesday as well.  It was very uplifting and was so great to see the Zone.  I was given the opportunity to share my testimony at the end as well.  We talked a lot about prayer and read a talk before had by Elder Bednar.  I have been trying to focus on saying more prayers of thanks.  Elder Bednar also talked about how our prayers throughout the days and weeks and years are all linked together... or should be. We should always be praying. It gives us the opportunity to talk with the Lord first thing in the morning and then throughout the day and account to him at the very end!  I loved that.  At the end we all sang I Believe in Christ.  That was really powerful.  I am so grateful to say that I Believe in Christ.  He is my King. 

This week we were able to meet with two new investigators... one of which was already a christian and her friend was not.  It was really great.  We were able to share all about the restoration and invite them to really truly pray about these things.  There was a special spirit there.  It was great.  

The two younger boys look like they will most likely be baptized on the 23rd.  We are very hopeful for them.   We are still working with our other investigator.  We hope that she can as well.  

I love all of you so much and am so grateful for all you do for me.  Thank you for all your prayers of faith.  From my wise older brother... , "do the things today that will make all the tomorrows easier...'' Do all the little things for in them ''there is safety and peace''.  

Love, 

Elder Redding


No comments:

Post a Comment