Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, January 18, 2016

Twists and Turns of Life

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week has been such an awesome week!  It has had its own little twists and turns that have made it interesting, and made it so great.  Life is awesome... twists and turns are so fun when we learn to just go with them and trust the Lord.  We can learn something from every little experience in life.  It is so amazing! This week I had many times where I just had to pause for a couple seconds as we were out sharing the gospel and just reflect on how lucky I was to be out here sharing the gospel.  It was such a wonderful and beautiful experience.  It was an experience that was full of happiness.  This week I came to understand the importance of pondering on a deeper level.  

2nd Nephi 4: 

15 And upon these I write the things of my soul, andmany of the scriptures which are engraven upon theplates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures,and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for thelearning and the profit of my children.
 16 Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord;and my heart pondereth continually upon the thingswhich I have seen and heard.

Right after Nephi wrote this in the Book of Mormon we go on to read that he then received a very personal and spiritual experience.  This experience allowed him to reflect on himself in a way that allowed him to grow spiritually, and became a life changing moment for him.  I really believe that life is so short in the scheme of things... as a hero of mine Coach Larry Wall always says, ''This thing goes in a hurry... don't wish it away." I love that.... no matter the twists and turns that life takes we can always know that the Savior... our Savior has been there.  We can always find Him there... and where we find him we will also find JOY! 

This week I went on exchanges with the Elders in the district.  I went over to their area this time and oh boy did we see miracles.  We made a plan the night before and in the plan we had scheduled to find a ''Mc奇蹟''  a McMiracle... haha.  We had planned to go to McDonalds and sit down with someone and just find a miracle. haha!  So as we were there we were looking around with who the Mc奇蹟 was going to be! ... just at that moment I noticed one of the workers at McDonalds (not one of the ones who works behind the desks) her job is to just pick up trash and stuff... and she had a very awkward walk.  As I saw her I smiled at her and she smiled back... soon enough we began to talk.  I came to find out that this woman about 20 years ago got in a scooter accident and really messed up her body and her brain.  For the first year or so after she would eat food and right after would forget that she had already eaten.  I found that before she worked her she was an accountant... and then the accident happened. She went back to work and I sat there and pondered for a second and realized that our Mc奇蹟 was her.  I realized even more at that moment that we really have no room to judge anyone.  Here is this wonderful woman whose life took a completely different turn and found herself doing a job that maybe wasn't considered super great.   She has chosen to be happy.  I went up to her right then and asked her if we could share the message of the gospel with her sometime when she got off work.  She accepted and gave us her contact info.  I know that by pondering it really allowed me to see through Heavenly Fathers eyes at this wonderful woman, and also allowed my to know in my heart without a doubt... that this was our Mc奇蹟。  

This week we also had interviews.  I really am so grateful for a mission president that rely's on the spirit in everything he does.  He is such a huge example to me and such a man of faith.  He is like Nephi.  I was so grateful for the time that I was able to spend with him this week as we studied the scriptures together.  

Love, 


Elder Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment