Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

First Day in Portland! Amazing!!!

Dear Family,

What an amazing experience I am about to have here in Portland.  You are never going to believe where I am serving... I AM SERVING IN THE EXACT SAME WARD THAT WE VISITED!!! hahaha I am serving in Elder Cantrells old area!! I am in his old apartment!!  The one we visited!! It is so crazy! I can't even believe it.  It has to be the weirdest thing ever.  hahaha! like... I was here in the exact area in the exact church I am right now writing this 2 months ago!!!  I cannot even believe it.  So I will go sunday to the ward that Elder Cantrell and I bore our testimony at 2 months ago.

Elder Redding and Elder Cantrell
New Missionaries

With New Arriving Missionaries



Elder Redding with President and Sister Ballard
Mission Pres and Mission Mom - Portland, OR Mission
When we got here we went to the temple first and took pictures then went to the stake center and met our Trainers.  He is awesome.  He is very laid back but obedient.  Haha he prays that every day we will have fun.  I think that is so cool.  We are out here doing this work and it is meant to be joyful and fun.  I love that.  We meet with the ward mission leader tonight and the bishop.  I am way excited.  

President Ballard and his wife are awesome!!  He is so cool.  He just seems to understand missionaries.  He is awesome.  I am so grateful for this opportunity.  When President Ballard introduced me to my trainer he said.. " there is a Chinese woman in your area that you need to teach the gospel."  ...no pressure.  hahah with my 9 weeks of Chinese. I hope that when I meet her that I will be able to teach with power and testimony.  I am excited.  

With President and Sister Ballard
At the Beautiful Portland Temple
It is so cool, right when we moved into our apartment, within the first minute this guy came up and offered to help, I said yes and he helped and then just came up to us and told us that he wanted us to help his daughter.  He told us he used to be a member and wants us to help his daughter so that she can find the right friend group at school.  It was a neat first experience.  We had never even met this man.  

Love you all.

Love always, 

Elder Redding

Elder Redding and Elder Lloyd with MTC Companions Before Leaving MTC


No comments:

Post a Comment