Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, August 17, 2015

Parable of the Laborers

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week has been great and once again... has flown by.  I cannot even believe that I have been with

Elder Kunz for a month now.  It has flown by.  In a couple weeks we have 35 new missionaries coming to Taiwan... that should be crazy.  That is the most that President and Sister Blickenstaff have ever had come on at one time.  We have a super young mission right now... hahah so that should really make things interesting.  I would love to stay in GangShan.  I love it here.  I love the ward here and love the people that we are working with.

At Zone Conference
Zone Conference
This week we had Zone Conference and were able to see President and Sister Blickenstaff.  That was super fun.  It is a lot more rare to see them since we are in GaoXiong.  So that was really great and uplifting.  At the end of the Zone Conference President invited 3 people to come up and share their testimonies.  You can probably guess what happened next... hahah yeah. I actually am really grateful.  It is such a blessing to share our testimonies.  They truly are a gift from our Heavenly Father.  They come from hard work and faith.  So when we don't share them... it is like practicing a fast break dunk for years and then finally getting the opportunity and doing a layup instead.... haha!  We can use these testimonies that we have worked hard for and that Heavenly Father has been so gracious to let us have to help lift and inspire others.  So I was very grateful to be able to share.

This week we ran into a great miracle.  We met with a family (a mom and a son) They are so great... and they have been coming to church.  This week we were able to meet with them and were able to set a baptismal date for the 12th of sept!  It was so awesome.  I really have faith that they will hit it!!  "C"... we moved him back to the 29th and fasted with him this sunday.  I think that he will hit that.  I sure hope that he does.  That would be so neat. He is such a great person.  I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has allowed us to come in contact with these people and share this message.  

This week I read the parable of the laborers.  I used Jesus the Christ as a study companion... and I highly recommend doing this.  I feel like I got so much more out of it while using both.  I would invite you all to do the same.  I know that by prayerfully doing so you all will come to appreciate and love the way the Master Teacher taught(our Savior Jesus Christ). 

What really stood out to me was there was a difference in the first hired and in the last. It was the mindset. The first agreed on their pay and as they labored, thought towards what they would gain. The last were told that their pay would be fair...and labored in the Lords vineyard not with a thought for what they would gain but they labored in gratitude for the work they were given. To m humility really is realizing that it isn't all about ourselves. We really are all in debt to God... so it is kinda silly to be out here expecting some fixed wage. Any pay or blessing that we get from God while we are in His service is a free gift. The first shall be last and the last shall be first... The first MAY be last and the last MAY be first. It doesn't matter at what time we are called to labor. Those that labor in humility work with faith and develop a knowledge and trust that God will give unto them "whatever is right." I hope that I can become more humble as I serve and think less about myself. I hope that I can develop a greater mindset of gratitude for the opportunity that has been given me to serve the Lord.

I love you all so much!!!

Love


Elder Redding
With Two of Our English Class Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment