Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, August 24, 2015

We worked... and worked... and worked - it paid off!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week has been a great week.  Man was I tired this week.  We worked... and worked... and worked.  It really paid off though.  We are seeing miracles everyday and it really is a huge blessing to be serving the Lord.  I can't think of a better reason to be tired.  This is how the week went. 

With Elder Kunz at "Welcome Back" Party
We had a DTM on Tuesday and talked about finding new investigators.  It went well and we set some good goals.  Our district has a goal for 6 baptisms in the month of September.  I really have faith that we can hit that.  We are working with a couple families right now and it would really be a blessing to help to enter into the waters of baptism this next month.  They are prepared souls and I believe that is the reason.  On Tuesday night we threw a party for our RC who just got back from merica.  His family hasn't been baptized yet and are getting really close.  A couple weeks ago I kept having the feeling that we should have a welcome home party for him with the ward... I am really grateful that we did.  It started out and we only had a few people there with a few snacks... but in the end it went awesome.  A bunch of Ward Members came, "C" came and we had food and ping pong. The ward loved it, and our RC "D" and his family really really loved it.  I was super happy that it went well. 

English Class with the Children
Tuesday, afternoon we had a meeting in downtown GaoXiong for the DL's in our Zone.  We set our Zone Goal for September also set what we called the Zone Standards.  Great things accomplished that will raise all of us to a greater sense of accountability.  I have really enjoyed working hard to hit these specific goals every day.  At night was English class... I got a pic with my students just in case i moved... haha so I will show you that.  

Our "We Got Stood Up" Chair - Pout for a Second, Then Back at It Smiling!
The highlight of the week is that "C" had his baptismal interview and he passed.  It was so awesome!  He is getting baptized this next saturday.  He asked if I could baptize him, At church we announced his baptism to the ward and everyone was really excited.  hahah our other investigator whose goal is the 12th came up and asked if they could get baptized with "C" as well! haha we still have to teach him some things and we hope that he can get baptized with his mom! This is an amazing work... it is work.  However, it is very joyful and fulfilling.  I am so grateful to be serving here in Taiwan.  I feel so blessed to be here.  I am beyong grateful for all of you and the support you give me.  Thank you.  I mean it when I say that I couldn't be out here without all of your wonderful influences.  

I love you all so much!  This is going to be an amazing week!!  

Love, 


Elder Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment