Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, November 9, 2015

A Whirlwind Week!!!

Dear Family and Friends,

Mission Training Meeting with Elder Wong
It has been another whirlwind of a week. It has been awesome though.  This week was our mission


tour.  So Elder Wang of the 70 came and visited our mission.  It was great.  So we all went to the ShiZhong Chapel to have our mission tour.  It was really interesting the way we started this time... all of the District and ZoneLeaders all went into a room about 30 min before it started with President and with Elder Wang and Elder Wang gets up and tells us that we can ask him any question.  Based on the questions that we asked he answered them and then did the whole mission tour.  hahah it was crazy and all just by the spirit! haha The Assistants and I were talking and they told me that every single time that he did it... it was different.  haha.  So that was cool.  One thing that we focused on was teaching to the needs of our investigators rather than just telling them everything that we know.  It was cool because right after we had a chance to do this.
Mission Training Meeting with Elder Wong

Yesterday after church we had a new investigator come to meet with us.  I met him almost 4 months ago... at that time we got his number and he said that he didn't have time until November!! hahaha!! Usually when people say that... it just kinda means that they don't have interest.  haha but for some reason this time I kept his number in a place to and would see it periodically for the last 4 months.  Well this last week rolled around and I saw it once again.. so I called and sure enough he was back and he said that he would come. When we met with him I had in my mind what Elder Wang had taught us... It really helped.  We taught to his needs and helped him feel the spirit!!  He was great.  We meet with him again this next Thursday.  

I am so happy about Kennedy and her team winning it all!! That is so awesome!!  I am very very proud of her and her hard work!!  Super super cool!!  

The other miracle that happened this week was on Saturday.  We went over to the "..." family and they committed this week to doing a baptismal interview... Which is huge!!  We hope that afterward they can be baptized within a week! It would be very very special if I could still be here for that.  I sure do love that family.  They mean a lot to me and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to learn and grow with them!  

The scripture that I really felt come to life this week is found in Revelations 21:3-4.  I had an opportunity to share this scripture this week in a lesson.  It was right after an investigator of ours had just shared some very personal challenges with us and afterwards we were able to use this scripture and testify of our Heavenly Fathers love for us.  As we shared this scripture we could feel the spirit tell her that it was true and could see the hope in her eyes.  It was very special.  

Sure do love you guys!! Keep up all the great work.  I am sure proud of all you guys!! 

Love, 


Elder Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment