Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, November 16, 2015

The "G..." Family is Getting Baptized!

Dear Family and Friends, 

It has been such a wonderful week here on the beautiful island of Taiwan.  It really has been such a miracle filled week.  I am grateful for the prayers that you all have sent our way.  We couldn't be more grateful.  This email will be a little bit shorter... but will have the most important things that happened this week.  

The biggest miracle that happened this week was that the "G" Family did their baptismal interview and all passed!!!  They will all be baptized on the 28th!!  It has been a real ride with them and I am so grateful for them making this decision in their life.  It is the most important decision that they will ever make.  I know that they feel it.  You can tell in their eyes.  I thought that you guys might like to know "G"Baba's favorite scripture:  it is 3rd Nephi 13:31-33.  
3rdNephi 13:
32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

I love this family so much.  They truly are a little bit like my family in Taiwan.  They have been there for me and I hope that during this process they have felt like we have been there for them.  More than anything I know that they have felt the Lord by their side during this process.  

This week as I was looking in the phone I came across a name that I wasn't familiar with... His name was "O...".  I decided to call and see if he was interested in meeting with us or not.  To my surprise he was very very willing.  We met up at the McDonalds and ate together and then went to the church and had a lesson.  He was super cool.  He is in the military... so his time is never really sure.  He had the rest of the weekend off.. so we set up with him before he went back.  We met with him again and shared of the importance of the Book of Mormon.  We promised him that as he read he would also be able to have a special experience with it.  We invited him to be baptized and he accepted.  He has a goal for the 26th of December... WE will be praying for a WHITE CHRISTMAS!! ;) haha.  The coolest part of the lesson was the prayer that he said at the end.  He prayed so sincerely.  He prayed to know if it was true.  He prayed that the Book of Mormon could help him become a better person.  It was really special. 

The other miracle of the week was so cool.  We got home on Thursday night and were planning and there wasn't a whole lot set up for Friday.  I had a thought that we should go to one of our secondary areas... specifically that we should go and visit this LA.  We had visited him about 4-5 months before... twice and both times he was really cold to us.  He owns a scooter shop and both times we went there was no one in there and he said he had no time for us.  I had the thought to visit him... but had no idea what we would say.  We were praying very hard that night and that day that we would at least have a chance to talk to him this time.  We got there and once again there was no one in his shop.  This time we saw him and he was completely a different person.  He looked happier..this time he invited us in.  We spent the next 45 min just getting to know him and talking.  In the end I felt like we should share about the tree of life.  We shared about that (1st Nephi 8) At the end we were able to testify to him how important is is that we stay by the tree.  I expressed how important it is to him that we stay by the tree.  That when trials come we can simply reach up and eat the fruit and feel of Gods love.  As we leave the tree however it gets really hard to feel that love in the middle of our trials.  He really appreciated the share.  I know that he felt it.  This was so important because we asked if we could come back again some other time... he told us yes.  I know that he will make it back by the "tree".  It was such a miracle.   

I love you all so much and am so grateful for your safety.  I know that Heavenly Father loves all of his children.  I love you all so much!  


Love, 

Elder Redding 

No comments:

Post a Comment