Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, March 9, 2015

"L" was Baptized!

Dear Family and Friends, 

It has been another amazing week.  It has flown by and we have seen many miracles.  This was my first week with Elder Ju, and he is awesome!!!  You will never believe it... His favorite singer is Kenny Chesney!!! Just like me! haha.. so yeah, we get along really well!  He has been out just a movecall behind Elder Munger!  So he is pretty seasoned!! We are going to have a blast this move call!!!  I am pumped.

This week L got baptized!!! Wahhhhoooo! :) I went on an exchange earlier this week with a
Special Day - Baptism of "L"
missionary named Elder Hemula.  He is from New Zealand, and I don't think that he has a bad bone in his body.  He is the kindest person I have ever met.  It was such a great opportunity for me to learn from him.  He is this tall guy with this super deep voice.  On the exchange we met with L one last time before her baptism and shared about the opportunity she has to receive the Holy Ghost.  During the lesson she actually shared about when we first met her.  I contacted her on this main road up in DaKeng, and it was one of my first weeks here so my chinese was... well you know.  haha anyways, at that time she agreed to meet us at the church later that week.  We exchanged numbers with her, and I accidentally wrote the wrong number.  It being one of my first weeks... something happened and my head was filled with a million things and a lost her card.  I kinda thought that she wouldn't show up either because she had actually agreed to come meet with us... hahah! It just seemed too good to be true. Here is the miracle... she actually showed up on that day and was standing outside the gate trying to call us... but called the wrong number and some business answered.  So she was like, ah, whatever I will just leave.  Just then she saw another Elder, and he invited her to come in and see the church!  She then told him that she was looking for HongZhangLao (me) and she got with us and was able to hear this wonderful gospel.  I think that is such a miracle.  If she would have left and not seen that Elder, she would still be searching.  It was really neat to hear.  She has really taken a love for this gospel.
Elder Redding, "L", Elder Ju on Baptism Day

Her baptism was great.  I had to give her introduction which I was a little nervous for... haha.  It ended up going fine though!!!  haha!  It was awesome!!! 

This week we just pushed it and ate on the go like every day and just really tried to get it done.  It was great and we saw tons of miracles.  We have another baptismal goal.  He is scheduled for the 21st!  I think that he will hit it.  We will see.  He came to the church for 7 hours yesterday.  He is so grateful for the changes in His life that he has made.  He is a great guy.  We also met a guy at the local college and gave him a baptismal goal for the 4th...  :) haha

Kinda funny.. at church in Priesthood I sat with this less active member and at the end I was really battling to stay awake!  haha I was just exhausted! haha and I caught myself once and he looked at me and laughed and said "are you sleeping??" haha and I just smiled and looked at him and said, "No way, I was just receiving revelation." hahahaha we both just laughed so hard!! It was actually really good, and he hadn't been to church in a long time.  His wife isn't a member and came for the first time in a long time!!  We are teaching them both!! They are the coolest people ever!!! 

I love this scripture in Proverbs 29:18, "where there is no vision, the people parish..."

I love this because I think about the great gift of the atonement and what a great vision it gives us all.  The knowledge of the atonement should give us the strength to push through anything.  I think that it is so amazing.  It has given me strength to push it out here.  I can't afford not to.  This message is that important.  

I love you all so much and am so grateful for your love and example of the Savior in my life.  You all continue to inspire me.  Love you all and keep the faith.  

Love, 

Elder Redding
Zone Conference Lunch

Taichung Zone and Taichung North Zones at Zone Conference - March 2015

Practicing at Zone Conference with Elder Ju

No comments:

Post a Comment