Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, March 2, 2015

Power Week Begins!

Dear Family and Friends, 

It has been another awesome week full of great experience.  Today is also transfers, and I am with my new companion right now!! He is really cool!  He is really nice, and really good at Chinese.  His name is Elder Ju, he is American.  I am really excited for the opportunity that I have to learn from him and his example. I am really excited to get to work with him.  

This week was my last week with Elder Munger and today saying goodbye was kinda hard from me.  I have really gotten bad at goodbyes ever since I came out on my mission.  I feel so blessed to have the people in my life that I have.  Elder Munger is a stud and really helped me a ton.  He taught me what it means to really work hard.  I am excited to keep pushing it.  It is great to push it.  

This week is what we call power week.  Because all of the GuoNian festivities we need a week to make up for everything.  We call it powerweek and it is nuts!!!  Every day there is a challenge that we need to do.  Today's is a little easier because of transfers and p day incorporated, but tonight the challenge is to tract into two familes and have two sit down lessons with them and set up for next time.  I am excited.  It should be great.  

This week we have a baptism for our friend L!  She is super cool.  I actually met her on the street about 3 months ago.  We have been meeting with her and she is Golden.  She reads and marks up her scriptures and really loves the gospel.  It really means something to her.  I am super happy about that.  She is really cool.

I read this week in D&C 27 about putting on the whole armor of God.  I don't think it is coincidence that he relate our spiritual safety to putting on armor.  You would put on armor if you were going out to battle right?  Well we are at battle, every day we are. However, the enemy is much more dangerous than any type of nuclear weapon.  The enemy wants to torment us eternally.  The enemy literally wants us miserable forever, and wants to rob us of the greatest git we could ever receive.  This enemy is Satan.  When we fail to do the things that protect us spiritually it is like we are going to battle without that armor.  We are weak and vulnerable.  I find it so comforting that our Heavenly Father has given us all the tools we need to stay safe, and to win this battle, not only win, but find happiness along the way.  I know that by living the principles of the gospel every day that we prepare ourselves spiritually to conquer the enemy of all lies.  I love all of you guys and pray for you daily.  Keep up the great work.  Thank you for all your prayers.  

Love, 


Elder Redding  

No comments:

Post a Comment