Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, March 23, 2015

"X" is Getting Baptized

Dear Family,

Sorry, today's Email is going to be super short because we only have 1 hour to email today.  We have a temple trip on Wednesday so today we don't have P day.  We only have an hour today, and then after the temple on Wednesday we have another hour.  So that is the big news!! 

The other big news is that "X"... he is getting baptized this next Saturday!!! He has one of the greatest desires for the gospel that I have ever seen.  He spends like all day at the church on Sunday because he doesn't want to be tempted!!! He is amazing.  We are going to see him every day this week to ensure that he is good.  His story is amazing... I will share it later when I have more time.  

Also, we met with "L" this week.  He was a previous investigator that I met on the road with Elder Munger.  I met him and his wife and invited them to the church to meet with us.  He came and was awesome... but then he had to go to GaoXiong for like a month and we lost contact.  Randomly two weeks ago I called him and he said that next week he would have more time... we hear that a lot, so I was worried.  I called again and no answer, and then randomly last week I was literally chasing him down on his bike riding with him talking about the gold plates in chinese!!! hahaha it was quite a sight!! He kept saying he had to go, but I finally got him to tell me that he had been to church and stuff and then he just zoomed off.  I was so sad because I felt like he was prepared and it just couldn't get him to stop!! At that time Elder Ju got a call on our phone and it was "L" calling us!! He set up!! WAHHHOOO!!!

So when we met with him I invited him to be baptized on the 25th of April... I was nervous for what he would say... but he just say that he could.  hahah he didn't hesitate at all... all I could do was look at him and smile and give him a high five!! hahaha.... thats what I did.  I was so happy!!! We found out after that he lives in another area, so we set him up with the other missionaries.  It went so smooth and those missionaries were SOOOOO HAPPY!! HAHAHA  

Anyways!! I love you guys so much and think that you guys are the greatest examples in the entire world!!! Thank you guys for everything!! 

Love, 

Elder Redding 

No comments:

Post a Comment