Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture:

“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” (Alma 37:37)

Monday, March 16, 2015

On Top of the World!!!



Dear Family and Friends,

Hello Everyone!!!  I hope that everything is going great!!! Man... I don't even quite know where to begin!! I always get to Monday and the last week just seems like a blur!!  It kinda freaks me out because I just want to remember and take in every single experience.  This week that really set in to my heart.  

Overlooking Taichung from Apartment Top
This week was Elder Wootan's last week here.  I went on my first exchange ever in Taiwan with him back in January.  He is just a stud.  He looks like Harry Potter too.  I just call him the Wizard.  That is what he is when it comes the chuan-ing the jiao!  (serving a mission)  This week was his last week, and on Friday he set up with me to go on his last exchange.  It would be his last day actually Chuaning the jiao!  I was speechless. haha, but I was so excited!!! I remember a week prior to that in Zone Conference all of the missionaries that were to go home this movecall had the opportunity to give a reflection of their missions.  They only have 2 min to sum everything up in one.  His was awesome, and I have the copy he wrote. At the very end of his, he made a reference to Elder Holland saying that no one ever loved their mission like he did... Elder Wootan then looked up and said, "Well he didn't know me."  It sounds funny... but at the time you knew it was true.  You could feel it.  

Elder Redding Overlooking the City
Elder Wootan and I went on the exchange and it was awesome.  We even went up on the roof the
night before and looked out over the city.  That was a special experience.  At the end of the exchange we do exchange evaluations so we can give invites for improvement and to work on things.  I had to give the Wizard the last advice before he went home.... I simply just invited him to Dominate life and love the rest of every aspect of life just like you loved your mission.  He then told me that he wasn't sure that the invite he was going to give was even possible, but he said that he was going to give it.  He looked right at me and told me to love my mission even more than he loved his...  That meant a lot to me.  I love it out here and love the work.  I just said bye to Elder Wootan.... He was a great example to me. 
With Elders and Investigators

This week we really made some progress with "X" and he had his interview with President and he will get baptized soon.  He is such a warrior.  I love him so much.  He has been through it all.  He is where he needs to be right now.  I just know that Heavenly Father is so proud and happy for him.  He came to church this week all dressed up and all.  He even shared in Priesthood.  The ward loves him and he feels at peace at church.  He also came to a baptism the night before for the sisters.  I found out like 3 hours before that I was baptizing their investigator.  X came and it was great for him to be there.  We are meeting with "P" this week!!!

We have seen miracles this week and are so grateful.  I love all of you so much.  I pray for you all.  Thank you guys for all you do.  Keep the Faith!

Love, 

Elder Redding
From the Top of the Apartment

The Beautiful City of Taichung

No comments:

Post a Comment